25 Lessons Learned from Nationwide Safe Deposit Box Litigation
Course Number: Webinar
Course Code: n/a
Financial institutions have recently experienced many disappearance claims and significant lawsuits resulting in expensive litigation and large nationwide losses.
What did they do wrong? Most of these disappearance claims and lawsuits are a direct result of insufficient employee training, incorrect box drilling and safekeeping procedures, unauthorized vault access, improper box relocations, flooded vaults, sloppy record retention, and the media coverage that inevitably follows.
Regardless of the size of your safe deposit operation, you should have a realistic and well-organized method of reviewing your procedures before a lawsuit occurs. Learn what to look for – from the most common errors to less common, but costly, mistakes. Review specific, critical internal procedures.
How can you avoid costly safe deposit liability claims, lawsuits and media coverage? Learn the answers and procedures to help reduce future litigation from these issues:
• After a branch is closed for a month, how did renters lose their box contents?
• What terrible things could happen if you leave anyone in your vault alone?
• Why have numerous safe deposit disappearance claims occurred recently?
• How did granting a small favor create a $2,140,000 disappearance claim?
• How did poor “Box Relocation” procedures cause a $5,500,000 lawsuit?
• What 30 questions will always be asked in any safe deposit lawsuit?
• How can hurricanes create significant lawsuits years later?
• Why was an institution sued for $30 million after an internal box theft?
• Why did sloppy box drilling procedures create a $4,500,000 lawsuit?
• Have you seen the locksmith tools that will open boxes in seconds?
• What made CBS create three recent safe deposit TV specials?
• Are you leaving anyone in your vault alone? “BIG MISTAKE!”
-Live Plus Five (days) – $265
Register for the live event and get five days access to the OnDemand Playback. You’ll have opportunity to ask questions during the presentation and be free to review the content for the next 5 (business) days. Registration also includes links to presenter materials, handouts, and pdfs.
-OnDemand Recording Only – $295
Interested in the topic but unable to attend the regularly scheduled event? Purchase the recorded version and receive OnDemand playback for 6 months (includes presenter materials).
-CD-ROM and Hardcopy Handouts – $325
CD-ROM plus Hardcopy Handouts. This option includes 6-months OnDemand playback but does not include live session.
-Live Plus Six (months) – $365
Attend live; includes six months access to OnDemand playback. Combine the advantages of live attendance with an unlimited number of replays for the next six months.
-Premier Package – $395
Includes all three options above. Live, OnDemand playback, and CD-ROM plus Hardcopy Handouts.
Want your branches to participate? Facilities within your organization will be able to participate without the travel costs of coming to one location.
Each additional location adds $75.00 to your registration
Audience: Safe deposit supervisors, vault attendants, cashiers, branch managers, compliance officers, auditors, training directors, security officers, new account personnel, and in-house legal counsel.