"New" Real Estate Law for Bankers
Course Number: Seminar
Course Code: n/a
This 1 day seminar is designed to introduce bankers to basic Florida Real Estate Law.
The topics covered include: understanding chains of title to real property and the various instruments contained therein including liens, easements and other matters; understanding how title to real property is transferred and how it is held; reviewing mortgage interests in real property and mortgage foreclosure procedure; documentary stamp taxes on real estate transfers; understanding legal descriptions, how to read a survey and more.
Loan officers, credit officers, loan document preparation specialists, loan booking specialists, in house counsel, paralegals, and other bankers will all benefit from the presentation. The concepts discussed apply to both residential and commercial real property.
Topics covered will include:
– Basic principles of real estate ownership
– How title to real estate is held and transferred
– Liens and lien priorities on real property, including mortgages, taxes and assessments, and other liens impacting real estate secured loans
– Homestead law and its impact on mortgage lending
– Understanding legal descriptions and surveys
– Title insurance and its application to mortgage lending
This seminar is taught by a Florida Bar Board Certified Real Estate attorney with more than 30 years of experience in representing banks and other lenders in documenting, and closing real estate secured loans.