BSA/AML: USA Patriot Act
Course Number: UPA1
Course Code: ABA 186
This course builds the customer identification and due diligence process for specific types of accounts believed to pose increased risks of money laundering and terrorist financing. It explains how the USA PATRIOT Act affects sharing of certain types of information between financial institutions and law enforcement officials.
Note: This is a high-level overview course intended for employees that do not necessarily need a deep dive into the requirements of the USA PATRIOT Act. Many of the lessons included in this course are covered in more depth in other BSA courses such as BSA/AML: CIP Basics, BSA/AML: CIP Advanced, BSA/AML Recordkeeping, and BSA/AML: Risk Assessment and Customer Due Diligence.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
– Describe the purpose of the USA PATRIOT Act and the penalties for noncompliance
– Describe actions to take if you suspect that an account may fall within a high-risk category
– Identify customer due diligence requirements for foreign correspondence accounts
– Identify customer due diligence requirements for private banking accounts
– Describe the information sharing requirements in Sections 314(a) and 314(b) of the USA PATRIOT Act
Audience: All employees