Processing and Underwriting Credit
Course Number: PUC1
Course Code: ABA 331
Unravel the information contained in credit reports, while also providing a methodology for reconciling credit and handling credit problems that may be uncovered during the analysis. Foundational lessons of processing and underwriting credit is also included.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
– Review information contained in a credit report more effectively
– Recognize the characteristics of a credit report
– Gain an effective methodology for reconciling the information within a credit report
– Gain an effective methodology for handling credit problems
– Distinguish how to handle identity and fraud alerts
– Identify the characteristics of nontraditional credit
– Differentiate the factors of credit risk analysis
ABA Diplomas/Certificates: This course applies to the ABA Residential Mortgage Lender Certificate.
Audience: Loan Processors and Underwriters