Course Number: PS1
Course Code: ABA 028
Presentation Skills provides ways to determine the presentation benefits for the audience, including remote audiences. It explains the best practices for controlling nervousness by recognizing the symptoms of nervousness and treating them. This course also explains how to create effective presentation openings and professional attentions getters. This course focuses on techniques to maintain the attention of the audience visually and verbally. It explores the four steps in asking questions, and it describes techniques in dealing with disconnected or negative audiences. This course provides effective closing techniques to connect to the purpose statement.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
– Write a purpose statement for their presentation topics.
– Write an opening statement that catches the audience’s attention.
– Identify components of a presentation that gain attention and keep interest.
– Describe effective uses of visual aids.
– Define and demonstrate the benefits of using open-ended and closed-ended questions.
– Develop a closing statement that calls the audience to action.
– List methods for dealing with disruptive audience members.
– Identify ways to control nervousness.
– Demonstrate appropriate body language.
– Deliver a presentation that meets the needs of the audience.
Audience: Any bank employee who makes stand-up, verbal presentations to schools, community groups, business prospects, staff, senior management, and so on