Discovering FHA Programs
Course Number: FHA1
Course Code: ABA 326
An overview of the Federal Housing Administration and the Department of Housing and Urban Development’s role in providing mortgage insurance on a variety of lending programs. The course examines the basics of FHA programs, such as eligibility requirements, maximum loan amounts, occupancy requirements and mortgage insurance premiums.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
– List the benefits and challenges of FHA loans
– Differentiate between Title I and Title II loans
– List insurable and uninsurable properties
– Identify key differences between FHA and conventional loans
– Review key characteristics of some of the more common FHA programs
– Locate and use related websites and resources
Audience: Loan Processors, Underwriters, Loan Originators.