Commercial Real Estate Lending Decision Process (RMA) Curriculum
Course Number: CRE
Course Code: ABA 400
The Commercial Real Estate Lending Decision Process provides a comprehensive study of commercial real estate (CRE) lending, beginning with a description of CRE loan types and progressing to an understanding of the underwriting process, leases, appraisals, loan structures and related risks. The Series also include resources to help the student apply the concepts learned in each course. These resources include job aids reproducible work sheets for cash flow, compliance and important financial ratio calculations.
The six parts of The Commercial Real Estate Lending Decision Process will provide students with a foundation in CRE through the use of an innovative virtual bank. Each section is presented in an interactive format to include exercises to check for knowledge throughout the courses. Each course within the complete program includes case studies that are used to insure depth and understanding of the concepts presented throughout the program series.
The courses included in The Commercial Real Estate Lending Decision Process Curriculum are:
Series 1: Types of CRE Loans, Risk Areas and Performance Drivers
Series 2: The CRE Underwriting Process
Series 3: Financing Different Types of Commercial Properties
Series 4: Understanding and Evaluating Leases, Appraisals and Environmental Assessments
Series 5: Loan Structure and Documentation Considerations
Series 6: Construction Lending
After completing this course, students will be able to:
– Learn about different types of commercial real estate loans.
– Identify a company’s net operating income or cash flow.
– Analyze the project and proposed loan.
– Identify and define important credit risk considerations for major property groups and specialty properties.
– Recognize and use lease terminology.
– Recognize the cash flow and economic consideration of leases.
– Demonstrate how to review leases on commercial properties.
– Assess various borrowing structures.
– Identify issues involving owner occupied lending.
– Identify the key types of construction projects and loans.
– Explore underwriting and administrator issues with construction projects and loans.
Audience: Commercial lenders and credit analysts who are not real estate specialists but who need to know more about assessing real estate risk