Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Course Number: ADA1
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) focuses on Title I and Title III of the Act. This course explains the changes made by the enactment of the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA). It defines the term disability by using examples and exercises throughout the learning. This course also defines essential functions and reasonable accommodations, and provides general disability etiquette guidelines. This course lists the accessible electronic and information technology necessary to ensure effective communication.
Recent updates include new content related to Title III Public Accommodations, the six obligations on banks that ADA imposes, and recently enacted rules concerning ATM accessibility.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
– Explain the background and structure of the ADA
– Define disability as stated in the ADA
– Describe the purpose of the ADA
– Describe reasonable accommodation
– Explain how to identify the appropriate reasonable accommodation
– Describe general disability guidelines
– Use appropriate terminology as defined by the ADA
Audience: Bank employees who interact with customers, vendors, or other bank personnel