ABA Certificate in Business and Commercial Lending
Course Number: CCL1
Course Code: ABA
The ABA Certificate in Business and Commercial Lending focuses on financial statement analysis and commercial lending, will familiarize lenders with both audited and unaudited statements, and fill any gaps in your understanding of credit analysis and underwriting. Pre and post-tests allow seasoned lenders to test out, and more importantly, let the industry know you are “credit trained” and ready to bring in new, qualified business.
You have two options to meet your Certificate requirements:
Option 1: Self-Paced Online Training
You must complete the following five suites of online courses. Students have access to the curriculum for 1 year from date of purchase. The estimated time to complete all courses is approximately 33 hours.
– Understanding Business Borrowers (5 courses)
– Analyzing Business Financial Statements and Tax Return (6 courses)
– Analyzing Personal Financial Statements and Tax Return (4 courses)
– Qualitative Analysis and Determining a Credit Risk Rating (4 courses)
– Loan Structuring, Documentation, Pricing and Problem Loans (5 courses)
Option 2: Facilitated Online Training
You may also earn this certificate by completing the following two facilitated courses. Estimated training time is 3-5 hours per week, per course.
– Analyzing Financial Statements (16 weeks)
– Commercial Lending (12 weeks)
Audience: Commercial and/or business bankers and credit analysts