Course Number: CFT
Course Code: MTB 1103
The Business Math course is ACE recommended for college credit transfer!
This course provides a comprehensive coverage of personal and business related math topics. After successfully completing this course, you will be able to: understand how ratios, payments, interest, etc. are calculated; understand how gross and net pay are calculated; understand the different types of banking accounts and how business math applies to them; calculate loan payments and interest; understand the cost of credit; calculate mortgage payments, including insurance costs; calculate life insurance premiums; estimate technology costs; and understand employee recruitment expenses, including the cost of part-time vs. full-time employees.
Textbook chapter topics include:
– Whole Numbers: How to Dissect and Solve Word Problems
– Banking Equations
– Solving for the Unknown: A How-To Approach for Solving -Equations
– Percents and Their Applications
– Discounts: Trade and Cash
– Markups and Markdowns
– Calculating Various Types of Employees’ Gross Pay
– Simple Interest
– Promissory Notes, Simple Discount Notes, and the Discount Process
– Compound Interest and Present Value
Audience: Anyone wishing to sharpen their business math skills