Money and Banking
Course Number: ABA
Course Code: ABA
A fundamental study of how money functions in the U.S. and world economies. How money supply, the banking system, the Federal Reserve and the federal government are all interrelated, and how changes in the financial system can affect individuals, businesses and governments on a world-wide basis are covered.
– Describe the functions of money and our payments system
– Connect the time value of money with financial markets and their assets
– Identify the business of banking and the interrelationship with government regulation
– Compare the various monetary theories and how they relate to macro and international economics
– Summarize the structure of the Federal Reserve System and understand the tools and goals of Monetary Policy
ABA Diplomas/Certificates: This course applies to the Bank Operations Diploma and the Military Banking Operations Diploma??
Audience: Bank personnel who have not had a formal course in money and banking and who wish to increase their understanding of the banking industry; officer trainees through the mid-management level