Course Number: ABA
Course Code: ABA
Suitable for anyone who wants to learn more about the commercial lending process – the backbone of most banks’ lending portfolios. Learn what goes into making a successful commercial loan and how to manage a customer relationship once the loan is approved.
– Recognize the process and types of information business bankers should acquire during a business development call
– Identify sources of repayment that are appropriate for various commercial loan borrowing arrangements and the factors that affect collateral value
– Explain the process and importance of a credit investigation
– Identify and explain the loan negotiation process
– Identify the causes of problem loans and steps to resolving them
Audience: Commercial and/or business bankers and credit analysts. Students should take Analyzing Financial Statements prior to this course or have equivalent work experience.