Managing Funding, Liquidity and Capital
Course Number: ABA
Course Code: n/a
A summary of the bank funding types, liquidity issues and management of capital. Learn what funding is used by banks; how liquidity needs may be addressed by storing liquidity on the balance sheet or by securing additional funding; and bank capital’s purpose, regulatory requirements and the effect on profitability.
– Identify the risk/return characteristics and costs of -various funding sources
– Evaluate the effect of various funding sources on interest rate and liquidity risk
– Describe various measures used to manage liquidity
– Recognize the merits of both regulators’ and shareholders’ points of view regarding optimal capital levels
– Prepare a capital management plan
Audience: This course is designed for individuals involved in funding, liquidity, or capital management, or line managers making pricing, investment, or funding decisions that impact these areas.